Exercise Physiology at Ascot Vale Leisure Centre
Ascot Vale Leisure Centre is now offering specialised and guided one on one treatment with our Exercise Physiologist.
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
An Exercise Physiologist is an Undergraduate and Master’s Degree qualified allied health professional that uses evidence based practice in the form of exercise to treat and rehabilitate injuries, and chronic conditions.
Exercise Physiologists specialise in exercise and movement for the prevention, management and treatment of complex medical conditions but can also aid healthy populations. They provide support for people with many chronic conditions including but not limited to those with any metabolic, cardiovascular, cardio pulmonary conditions. Listed below are some of the conditions we can treat:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- High Cholesterol
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Cardiovascular disease
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (ACL reconstruction, hip/knee replacement)
- Neurological/muscular exercise (Multiple sclerosis, Cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s)
- Falls & balance
Feel free to speak to one of our gym floor staff or customer service team for more information. Alternatively, you can contact our Exercise Physiologist Ashleigh at email@example.com or Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org